SIHO Insurance Services, a newly created Medicare Advantage insurance service company, was intended to utilize technology to boost the efficiency of traditional member communications and enrollment services. SIHO wanted to provide prospective members with a broad range of insurance policy options, drug formulary breakdowns, and provider network options, as well as a cadre of highly customizable premiums, all of which were designed to deliver greater value and information to its potential and active members.
- Headquarters: USA
- Website: www.mytruadvantage.com
- SIHO Insurance services wanted to build an attractive and visually engaging website ‘MyTruAdvantage’ for first-time visitors. The company’s next requirement was to insert an easy navigation system into the website.
- The company did not want to violate the US medicare guidelines. The website had to be built abiding by the American Disability Act Section 508 rule stipulated for persons with visual and hearing disabilities.
- To build the website that abided by CMS (Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services) rules and regulations, SIHO approached the knowledge and expertise of the Youngsoft development team for designing, developing, testing, and deploying the all-inclusive website.
- Additionally, they also wanted to make it easier for all their existing customers and potential buyers to navigate through the site and view various sections such as the coverage options, covered medications, and choices of providers or hospitals in a hassle-free way.
Challenges For The Youngsoft Development Team
- SIHO was searching for an outsourcing development team who could help them to build a comprehensive website within their affordability and ensure that the necessary CMS (Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services) approvals were granted.
- The Youngsoft team had limited time to execute all the works perfectly and SIHO set a goal before the Youngsoft developers to make the website ‘LIVE’ for Member Enrollment from mid-October in 2020. The developers’ team had the objective to finish the task within the stipulated time.
The cloud consultants of Youngsoft proposed and designed an optimal infrastructure from the ground up, with a focus on delivering results to SIHO’s expectations.
Important elements include:
- Designing the architecture leveraging the “Well-Architecture” framework principles within AWS.
- Utilizing an Amazon EC2 server that was provisioned with IAM roles for overseeing security protocols.
- Utilizing AWS (RDS) for enhanced performance of the application.
- SNS enabled getting time-critical messages through a “push” mechanism.
- Load Balancing for distributing the traffic among the servers.
- S3 for storing objects through a web service interface.
- Cost-optimization using a savings plan from AWS that provides for a full-upfront acquisition of anticipated resources.
- Incorporating CloudWatch Alarm which was leveraged for automation of Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) Instance.
- Craft a cost-effective “blended development model” for the website design, build, test, and deployment, utilizing Youngsoft onshore as well as offshore team members working in close collaboration.
- AWS Services
EC2, S3, RDS, SNS, Cloudwatch, VPC, Lambda, Certificate Manager (ACM), Load Balancer.
- Third-Party Services
PHP, Drupal, MySQL, Apache Web Server, Google API.
The Youngsoft team used the AWS or Amazon Web Service to build the MyTruAdvantage website. The Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon Simple Notification Service (SNS) technologies, and other technologies were used to make the website a comprehensive one.
The specific reason for using the AWS technology is it is a combination of PaaS (Platform as a Service), SaaS (Packaged Software as a Service), and IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service). They helped to make it an easy-to-use website.
The Positive Impact
- With the help of the Youngsoft team, CMS approvals were granted to SIHO. They began their new member enrollment program in mid-October 2020 and the program became effective on 1st January 2021.
- The MyTruAdvantage website launching program for SIHO was especially remembered for its grand collaboration. Team Youngsoft has closely worked with SIHO’s internal advisory committee members and SIHO’s external consultants including NAYA Advisory Management Consultants, and Keen Studio.
“Youngsoft provided clearly communicated and well-defined project management steps throughout the design, development, testing, and implementation phases of our new website. Youngsoft team members were technically supportive and exceptionally capable. It was a pleasure to collaborate with each member of their team”.
SIHO, Director of Technology Services & Security Officer
“Youngsoft was a very engaged team of professionals during our project. They were attentive to project requirements and delivered an excellent product. Their technical proficiency and project communication was also very good”.
SIHO, VP of Information Technology Service
“The Youngsoft team was very skilled and knowledgeable regarding AWS infrastructure and environment setup. The Youngsoft team easily walked new AWS users through the setup and coached them through the process over the phone. Youngsoft also provided late/early hour support far beyond regular business hours to meet client needs”.
David Nethaway Principal, NAYA Advisors
About Youngsoft India
Youngsoft India Pvt. Ltd. (formerly known as Ritwik Software Technologies Pvt. Ltd.) is an affiliate of Youngsoft Inc. that offers a full-service IT technology and consulting solution. Based in Hyderabad, India and together with Youngsoft Inc., we offer 24/7 support and solutions to clients across the globe.
To learn more about the solutions we offer, and how we can assist you, write to us at email@example.com