UOM (University of Michigan) is one of the oldest and leading public research universities in the US. It is home to more than 46000 students coming from 139 Countries and all 50 states in the U.S. The university offers doctoral degrees in the humanities, social sciences, and STEM fields (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) as well as professional degrees in architecture, business, medicine, law, pharmacy, nursing, social work, public health, and dentistry.
- Campus Location: Michigan, USA
- Website: www.umich.edu
- The challenge faced by the Youngsoft development team was maintaining the current Liferay DXP 7.0 EE (Enterprise Edition) based web portal of the university.
- Delivering various Web Portal functional features accurately for the administration.
- Providing UI (User Interface)/UX (User Experiences) services throughout the university.
- The Youngsoft team utilized various Web Portal functional features and UI/UX services for improvement purposes.
- In the post-improvement phase, the university administration received good support from the web portal for running its day-to-day administrative works and business objectives smoothly.
- The Web Portal was integrated with several features like Content Management System, Latest News and Updates, Blogs and Events, Academic Calendar, Organizational Charts, and others for the university administration and students’ benefit.
- The University of Michigan’s administration department had easy access to every employee’s details and profiles.
- Both the staff and students of the university received immense benefits from the informative website.
The Liferay DXP 7.0 Enterprise Edition software was used by the Youngsoft team to meet all the requirements of the university administration. The Liferay DXP 7.0 software was simpler to use than all the previous Liferay software.
The 7.0 version had a modularized core that helped the Youngsoft team to remove the part that was not required by the university administration. It helped in reducing the startup time as well as the memory footprint. As a result, the web portal became more efficient with improvement in performance.
The Positive Impact
Team Youngsoft accomplished all the tasks accurately that were provided by the University of Michigan authority within the stipulated time. The Liferay DXP software with 7.0 Enterprise Edition has more latest developer features that were not available in the previous Liferay versions. The advantages that made the 7.0 EE version unique are its Modular Development Paradigm, Powerful Configurability, Enhanced Reusability, and other features.
The Youngsoft development team worked as an expert partner in implementing the Liferay DXP 7.0 technology in the educational institution as per its requirements.
About Youngsoft India
Youngsoft India Pvt. Ltd. (formerly known as Ritwik Software Technologies Pvt. Ltd.) is an affiliate of Youngsoft Inc. that offers a full-service IT technology and consulting solution. Based in Hyderabad, India and together with Youngsoft Inc., we offer 24/7 support and solutions to clients across the globe.
To learn more about the solutions we offer, and how we can assist you, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org