Virtual Reality has always been associated either with the gaming industry or as a technology destined to be used in the future. The fact is Virtual Reality is no longer science fiction instead it has become a part of present-day reality.
VR (Virtual Reality) bridges the gap between the physical and digital worlds allowing the user to work with the information and content virtually.
What is Virtual Reality?
Virtual Reality (VR) helps to create a computer-generated 3D environment that includes both computer graphics and 360-degree video. It can provide an immersive experience to the users by placing them inside a simulated digital environment.
VR technology works by amalgamating both software and hardware. While the software helps in creating the virtual environment, the hardware supports sensory stimulation like touch, smell, heat intensity, etc.
Statistics on Virtual Reality
Industries that use VR applications for redefining User Experience
The gaming industry was the domain where the VR system was primarily thought to be used but with technical progression, more industries are willing to explore modern technology.
- Education – In the education sector, the core usage of VR (Virtual Reality) primarily revolves around training. Students can learn from anywhere in the world by using the immersed VR experiential method to be more engaged and responsive to studies.
- Healthcare – Be it training for doctors, patient treatment, educating people about a disease, or medical promotion; Virtual Reality has shown its effectiveness in all these fields. Psychotherapists have praised the technology for healing mental patients. According to them, Virtual Reality Immersion Therapy has shown its effectiveness for PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) patients to make them feel calm and relaxed.
- Enterprise Training – VR has been effectively utilized to train traditional heavy industry workers, including those in the oil, gas, and electric grid services, with just a VR headset. With the help of micro-sized learning modules and assessments, VR technology has helped professionals to learn four times faster than non-VR-using learners.
- Real Estate – The technology is working well for both residential properties and commercial spaces to showcase them to house buyers. Not only for Real Estate developers, the simulation technology is advantageous for home buyers also. Without physically going to check any property, VR technology is helping them to have a VR 360-degree experience of the property they want to buy.
- Automobile – Automobile engineers, designers, and technicians are depending on Virtual Reality to experiment easily with the look and build of a vehicle before going to build expensive prototypes. For example, creating a simulation model of a car’s engine is more cost-effective than building a real one. More advantages of using a simulation are it can be shared with multiple users and a user can visualize multiple scenarios before finalizing any simulated model for production purposes.
- Advertisement – The advertising industry has started a new trend to market a product or a brand with the help of Virtual Reality. Marketers are willing to use the technology to generate interest and excitement and create brand awareness among the viewers prior to the launch of a new product.
- Tourism – Tourists can now experience a virtual tour of the location commencing the actual trip. Hotel chains around the world or aviation companies have already begun offering VR experiences such as 360-degree virtual reality hotel rooms or simulated flight experiences before the actual event.
- Gaming – Immersive VR technology has added another dimension to the gaming industry that lets a gamer have the illusion that they have “stepped inside” the made-up world of the game. The participant will be transported to a different world while playing the video game where they can walk, run, and interact with each other literally.
- Online Shopping – It gives a 360-degree shopping experience to the e-buyers where they can browse the store’s offerings, can take a closer look at the products by zooming in, try out new clothes, and purchase them instantly which was unimaginable a few years back!
VR has been enabling industries to showcase their product or service ranges in a new way that wasn’t possible before. Not only these nine industries, but the VR system is also going to be accepted by other industries for its advantages soon.
Real-Life Implementation of Virtual Reality Technology
- Shri Kashi Vishwanath Temple App
On the complaint of a devotee based in the USA who was unable to have darshan at Kashi Vishwanath Temple, we took the idea of building an App based on Virtual Reality technology where we have designed a small 3D model of the temple environment based in Varanasi along with the recordings of different poojas (Ganga Pooja, Ganga Aarti, Avishek Pooja, and others) in a 360-degree angle. The developers presented it as an immersive and interactive experience with milk and flowers etc. The devotee based in the USA was happy to have darshan at Kashi Vishwanath temple from the comfort of home. By using Virtual Reality technology, we were able to create an immersive experience of the Shri Kashi Vishwanath Temple located in Varanasi, India.
- Kohler Bathroom Fittings
We applied Virtual Reality technology in Kohler bathroom products to showcase them to potential customers. Oculus Go and Oculus Quest, two headsets have been used in the Kohler Virtual Reality products. For example, potential users can use the bathtub, and water tap without getting wet giving the customer a virtual feel of water being released from these taps. We installed a virtual mirror for Kohler also where the users can watch their 3D avatars in the mirror. This is how we have helped Kohler to showcase their bathroom fittings by using Virtual Reality technology.
A few major industries like gaming, healthcare, and real estate have already transformed themselves with the assistance of Virtual Reality technology. Others are already sensing the great potential associated with Virtual Technology and using it for optimizing the production process. While the possibilities associated with VR technology are endless, very soon the technology is going to influence the industries you are associated with, the place where you go to work, etc. Being an expert in Virtual Reality technology, we can help you with interactive 3D VR visualization, Motion VR simulations, Visual and Conceptual design, and much more.
Youngsoft India Pvt. Ltd. (formerly known as Ritwik Software Technologies Pvt. Ltd.) is an affiliate of Youngsoft Inc. that offers a full-service IT technology and consulting solution. Based in Hyderabad, India and together with Youngsoft Inc., we offer 24/7 support and solutions to clients across the globe.